CAHS 60M Chocolate and Confections (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in CAHS 10
or 10Q or CSST 9661
Lecture and demonstration on the history of chocolate, chocolate tempering, and the production process for making ganaches, molded truffles and chocolate decor. Techniques for producing assorted confections and candies.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use tools and equiment employed in a professional pastry shop setting.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the history of chocolate, induding the manufacturing process.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate technique and methods of chocolate work
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate an understanding of confectionary production processes, and finished products.