CAHS 60J Global Cuisines: United States (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in CAHS 10
or 10Q or CSST 9661
An advanced culinary course including lecture and demonstration of the history, techniques, ingredients, and current trends of United States cuisine.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.
- Outcome 2: Use knives, tools, and equipment, both classic and modern, properly and safely.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the influences on United States cuisine including history, geography, climate, etc
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate and use the various cooking techniques and equipment used in United States cuisine.
- Outcome 5: Identify the various ingredients and flavor profiles of United States cuisine.
- Outcome 6: Compare and contrast the various similarities and differences between cuisines of various regions of the United States.
- Outcome 7: Discuss the influences of United States cuisine on the cuisines of other countries and regions.
- Outcome 8: Define various terminology pertaining to United States cuisine.