CAHS 60F Carving (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Lecture and demonstration of the history, trends, and techniques of carving.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use knives, tools, and equipment, both classic and modern.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the history and trends of carving.
- Outcome 4: Discuss the techniques and cooking methods involved in charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate an understanding of the techniques involved in carving various products.