CAHS 60E Charcuterie, Forcemeats, and Pates (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in CAHS 10
or 10Q or CSST 9661
Lecture and demonstration of the history, trends, and techniques of charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use knives, tools, and equipment, both classic and modern.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the history and trends of charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.
- Outcome 4: Discuss the techniques and cooking methods involved in charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate an understanding of plate composition involved in charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.