CAHS 60D Pantry and Cold Kitchen (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Lecture and demonstration of the history, trends, and techniques of charcuterie, forcemeats, and pates.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use knives, tools, and equipment, both classic and modern.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the history and trends of pantry and cold kitchen techniques.
- Outcome 4: Discuss the techniques and cooking methods involved in pantry and the cold kitchen.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate an understanding of plate construction of pantry and cold kitchen dishes.