CAHS 60B Classic & Modern Sauces (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Completion of or concurrent enrollment in CAHS 10
or 10Q or CSST 9661
Lecture and demonstration of the history, trends, and techniques of classic and modern sauce-making.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use knives, tools, and equipment, both classic and modern.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the history, trends, and fundamentals of classic and modern saucemaking.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate an understanding of classic and modern sauces and the techniques used to produce them.
- Outcome 5: Discuss how sauces are paired with various foods.