CAHS 43 Principles of Hotel Administration (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course is a comprehensive survey of the hotel industry and its operations. Topics include such as corporate structures, departmental responsibilities, hotel services and staff, decision-making, and industry trends. The course also describes the management administration concepts, principles and hotel operations as a major industry.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Inventory resources for families.
- Outcome 2: Identify and describe different lodging ownership types ranging from sole proprietorship to chain affiliation and distinguish between interdependent components of the multi function of lodging facilities.
- Outcome 3: Illustrate the roles and functions of departmental operations and responsibilities.
- Outcome 4: Analyze the hotel services for which a general manager is responsible.
- Outcome 5: Discuss the importance of communication and technology within the hospitality industry context.