CAHS 33 Procurement and Costing (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
A study of the best practices for the sourcing, procurement, and costing of products, equipment, and services for use in the foodservice industry.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define various procurement terms.
- Outcome 2: Identify the various participants and activities in the foodservice distribution channel and discuss their importance.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate familiarity with and create various standard documents and forms used in foodservice procurement.
- Outcome 4: List the various external forces affecting procurement and explain how they affect foodservice operations.
- Outcome 5: Describe and practice basic math for hospitality operations.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate the ability to make informed procurement decisions that positively affect a business.