CAHS 247 Food and Culture (2)
Lec-17.5, Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Hands-on food preparation of the cuisine of multiple cultures. Topics covered: food in relation to historical, geographical, and social customs; principles of international food preparation and evaluation of specialized equipment.
This course may be offered through International Education in various countries.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze and differentiate food in the context of historical, geographical and social customs of the countries and cultures studied
- Outcome 2: Recognize, identify and correlate patterns of preparation of each specific country's cuisine.
- Outcome 3: Summarize correct food terminology and differentiate preparation techniques
- Outcome 4: Classify and categorize cuisines of various countries and cultures and their dominant ingredients.
- Outcome 5: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.