CAHS 246 Special Occasion Cooking (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Special occasion menu planning and preparation including principles and procedures involved in food selection, preparation, storage and use of specialized cooking equipment. Students prepare and serve complete menus for special occasions, ethnic, family celebrations and holidays. Wine and food pairings, specialty plating, table decoration and garnishing also included.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Classify and analyze global as well as regional American foods related to specific holidays and occasions.
- Outcome 2: Design and construct menus and prepare dishes appropriate for various holidays and special occasions.
- Outcome 3: Analyze principles of and procedures for food selection, preparation, and storage.
- Outcome 4: Utilize specialized cooking equipment and techniques properly and effectively.
- Outcome 5: Create attractive plating presentations and table service appropriate to various special occasions' themes.
- Outcome 6: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.