CAHS 21 Meat Analysis (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
This class will focus on the fabrication of beef, pork, veal, lamb, poultry and fish; Proper cuts and their uses; Recognition of the quality of meat and cooking methods used for various cuts of meats. Knowledge necessary for proper purchasing of meats in order to maintain the proper percentage of profit in a restaurant operation.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the various cuts and grades of beef, pork, veal and lamb.
- Outcome 2: Identify and explain the classifications of fowl including chicken, turkey, squab, duck, etc.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate the proper techniques in fabricating beef, pork, veal and lamb.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate the proper techniques in cutting up poultry and fish.
- Outcome 5: Explain and apply cooking methods that are suitable for the meats, poultry and fish introduced in class.