CAHS 208 Intro to Event and Meeting Planning (4)
Lec-35, Lab-105, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
An introduction to the basics of meeting and event planning including types of meetings and events plus all the necessary steps needed to plan a successful meeting or event from site selection and budget to space planning and food and beverage options.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Classify types of meetings and events, categorize forms used and describe common terminology used to design and manage events
- Outcome 2: Summarize the steps and logistics needed in event planning/meeting and production
- Outcome 3: Create and design a theme and a space plan for an event
- Outcome 4: Categorize types of food and beverage events and importance to overall success of events.
- Outcome 5: Discuss issues relevant to producing green events