CAHS 203 Advanced A la Minute Cooking (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Food preparation and methods of cooking and serving at the state-of-the-art CCSF Downtown Campus restaurant. Students will practice advanced methods of food preparation and service under conditions, which simulate a restaurant environment.
Intended for CAHS degree-candidate students and culinary professionals.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Practice proper food safety and sanitation.
- Outcome 2: Properly and safely use knives and other kitchen tools and equipment.
- Outcome 3: Discuss the basics of cooking.
- Outcome 4: Define and reproduce various sauces and sauce bases.
- Outcome 5: Identify and appropriately use the proper cooking techniques for various ingredient.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate competence in a la minute cooking, partial cooking, batch cooking, and advance prepping.
- Outcome 7: Practice effective kitchen communication and conduct.
- Outcome 8: Practice proper station management and time management.
- Outcome 9: Demonstrate an understanding of menu design including planning, execution, and costing.