CAD 190 Part Modeling in SolidWorks (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Overview of extending CAD-based graphics into 3-dimensional parametric modeling, realistic rendering, animation of assemblies, and exploded views. Introduction to SolidWorks. Experience creating a computer-generated physical 3D model using a state-of-the-art 3D printer.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create 2D sketches and develop them into 3D parametric models using SolidWorks.
- Outcome 2: Create 3D assemblies from several solid components
- Outcome 3: Assess the value of rapid prototyping using a 3D printer.
- Outcome 4: Analyze and solve mechanical relationship problems using 3D parametric modeling software.
- Outcome 5: Produce still renderings with materials, as well as animations depicting parts in motion.