CAD 187 Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Revit (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) and piping system design using parametric application software such as AutoDesk's Revit-MEP . Introduction to computer generated documents to specify HVAC and piping systems layout and details. HVAC and process pipe industry drawing standards. Mechanical design including determination of equipment sizes.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish the various equipment and ANSI symbols for pipe, fittings and joint type and interpret pipe specifications with regard to size and class.
- Outcome 2: Relate the functions of various equipment in an HVAC and piping system.
- Outcome 3: Create plans and elevation of various industrial process pipe installations using Revit software.
- Outcome 4: Formulate a procedure to plot scale drawings of floor plans and elevations of both pipe & HVAC systems.
- Outcome 5: Design HVAC systems for a building of specified square footage and calculate the size of components and ducts.
- Outcome 6: Distinguish the various equipment and ANSI symbols for pipe, fittings and joint type and interpret pipe specifications with regard to size and class.
- Outcome 7: Create isometric piping diagrams and piping spool drawings, complete with bill of materials.