CAD 184 Structural CAD Drafting (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: ARCH 214
, CAD 181
or demo of CAD exit skills (equivalent course work or 200 hrs of Auto CAD industrial work experience)
Structural design theory. Use of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) to generate steel and concrete details.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Formulate sketches of steel and concrete details.
- Outcome 2: Create concrete column details to industry standards with given engineering data, using AutoCAD.
- Outcome 3: Create framed steel connection details to industry standards and AISC specifications, using AutoCAD.
- Outcome 4: Design large-scale structural layout drawings.
- Outcome 5: Design 3D Structural model using Autodesk's Revit Structure.
- Outcome 6: Produce drawing documents: floor plans, building elevations, sections and details.
- Outcome 7: Describe building information modeling (BIM) and the benefits of bidirectional associativity.
- Outcome 8: Link other models for coordination between the design teams.