CAD 184 Structural Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Revit (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Building Information Modeling (BIM) - The essential features and functionality of Autodesk Revit structural tools from building and schematic design through construction documentation. Topics include 3D modeling, steel and concrete detail design for fabrication, parametric building design, scheduling for materials and quantity takeoff.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Use the interface of Revit Structure effectively.
- Outcome 2: Set up project datum such as project basepoints, grids, levels and reference planes.
- Outcome 3: Design and generate 3D structural models and related 2D drawings using Autodesk's Revit Structure.
- Outcome 4: Create concrete column details to American Concrete Institute (ACI) standards with given engineering data.
- Outcome 5: Create framed steel connection details to industry standards and American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) specifications.
- Outcome 6: Summarize building information modeling (BIM) and the benefits of bidirectional associativity.