CAD 182 Intermed Computer Aided Drafting-CAD II (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: CAD 181
or equivalent skills/course work or 100 hours of industrial work experience in basic AutoCAD
Industrial application of AutoCAD drawing editor on large- scale projects. Various topics include model layout, plotting to scale, blocks, external referenced files, attributes and extraction of "non-graphic" data stored within the drawing files, the control of display to reduce regeneration time, three-dimensional coordinate system, 3D wireframe and surface modeling, the operation of various hardcopy output devises including pen plotting and printer plotting.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Organize drawing files in appropriate folders and subfolders.
- Outcome 2: Maintain virus-free drawing files.
- Outcome 3: Relate the various AutoCAD file extensions to their meanings.
- Outcome 4: Create drawings templates.
- Outcome 5: Calculate the drawing parameters necessary for plotting.
- Outcome 6: Set up the drawing parameters that are appropriate for the current drawing.
- Outcome 7: Summarize the capabilities of all AutoCAD's drawing commands.
- Outcome 8: Appraise the best use of each AutoCAD drawing command for various drawing tasks.
- Outcome 9: Summarize the capabilities of all AutoCAD's editing commands.
- Outcome 10: Appraise the best use ofeach AutoCAD editing command for various editing tasks.
- Outcome 11: Differentiate between explicitly assigned object properties and properties assigned by layer or by block.
- Outcome 12: Differentiate between the various object selection methods available.
- Outcome 13: Manage the capability to undo errors made during a drawing session.
- Outcome 14: Create various polylines on a drawing, including curve fitting.
- Outcome 15: Create and manage multiple viewports.
- Outcome 16: Formulate a procedure to plot any drawing from Model Space.
- Outcome 17: Formulate a procedure to plot any drawing from Layout view.
- Outcome 18: Manage the drawing display to reduce regeneration time through efficient drawing methods.
- Outcome 19: Summarize the properties of block objects.
- Outcome 20: Create block objects as well as dynamic blocks.
- Outcome 21: Summarize the properties and purpose of attributes.
- Outcome 22: Relate attribute properties to non-graphic data that can be stored in a drawing file.
- Outcome 23: Create attributes.
- Outcome 24: Generate geometric parameters
- Outcome 25: Formulate a procedure to extract non-graphic data stored in a drawing into a text file.
- Outcome 26: Summarize the types of three-dimensional models that AutoCAD is capable of generating.
- Outcome 27: Set up a user coordinate system (UCS) to facilitate the creation of three-dimensional objects.
- Outcome 28: Manage the viewpoint of a three-dimensional drawing.
- Outcome 29: Create three-dimensional entities.
- Outcome 30: Generate a simple Revit Structure Model
- Outcome 31: Create 2D drawings from Revit Model