CAD 182 Engineering Detailing in Revit (2.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: CAD 180
or ET 104
or equivalent skills/course work with 100 hours of industrial work experience in basic AutoCAD
An introduction to Autodesk's Revit in platforms such as MEP, Structure and Architecture implementing Building Information Modeling (BIM). Basic concepts of Revit and simple 3D Revit modeling to generate building plans, sections, elevations, details and 3D views. Use of Revit in building engineering construction industry.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify Revit platform's user interfaces
- Outcome 2: Modify 3D Revit models using the bidirectional method
- Outcome 3: Create a simple 3D residential model in a 3D CAD environment.
- Outcome 4: Create 2D drawings from a Revit model
- Outcome 5: Integrate 2D CAD files, image files, and spreadsheets into Revit projects