CAD 180 Introduction to Technical Drawing (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to engineering and technical drawing techniques, the systems of drawings and their applications in design, and the basic shape description of products. Technical sketching; dimensioning; sections and applications of orthographic projection standards in technical documents.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create freehand sketches including technical lettering and line work.
- Outcome 2: Compose front, top, profile, auxiliary and sectioned views of three dimensional objects using orthographic projection.
- Outcome 3: Create freehand sketches of isometric and oblique pictorials.
- Outcome 4: Measure scaled lengths on technical drawings with the use of architectural and mechanical engineering scales.
- Outcome 5: Synthesize simple dimensions into orthographic drawings.