CAD 180 Introduction to Technical Drawing (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to engineering and technical drawing techniques, the systems of drawings and their applications in drafting, and the basic shape description of products. Technical sketching; dimensioning; sections and applications of orthographic projection standards in technical documents.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Differentiate and interpret ANSI Y14.1 technical line types.
- Outcome 2: Create freehand sketches including technical lettering and line work.
- Outcome 3: Formulate the representation and shape description of 3 dimensional objects found in engineering and architectural documents by applying the principles of orthographic projection.
- Outcome 4: Compose front, top, profile, auxiliary and sectioned views of three dimensional objects using orthographic projection.
- Outcome 5: Relate the principals of isometric technical drawings to oblique technical drawings.
- Outcome 6: Create freehand sketches of isometric and oblique pictorials.
- Outcome 7: Relate the principals of architectural scales to mechanical engineering scales.
- Outcome 8: Measure scaled lengths on technical drawings with the use of architectural and mechanical engineering scales.
- Outcome 9: Synthesize simple dimensions into orthographic drawings.
- Outcome 10: Interpret standard dimensioning conventions.