CABT 9000 Introduction to Culinary Fundamentals
Introduction to kitchen basics, such as equipment use, safety, and sanitation. In addition, this course focuses on culinary fundamentals such as knife skills, classic cooking methods and preparation, vocabulary and basic kitchen math.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Operate confidently and safely in a commercial kitchen utilizing industrial equipment and facilities.
- Outcome 2: Apply and verify safe working habits and practices with regard to sanitation codes.
- Outcome 3: Use a professional set of kitchen knives in an efficient manner, producing a variety of common cuts and developing specialized knife skills.
- Outcome 4: Employ and evaluate all traditional dry and moist heat cooking methods.
- Outcome 5: Produce a variety of classic stocks, sauces, national and regional soups.
- Outcome 6: Produce a variety of cold foods including salads, sandwiches, and hors d'oeuvres, as well as a variety of starches and vegetables with emphasis on nutritional retention and attractive presentation.