BTEC 21E Advanced CIRM Internship Support (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced of complex analysis and enhanced scientific presentation skills necessary for continuing students placed in off-campus stem cell biology internships. Types of internships may include, but are not limited to, differentiation of pluripotent stem cells, FACS, cell culture, propagation of iPS cells, immunolocalization, microarray analysis and tumor cell characterization.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Conduct, draw conclusions, and present a novel and specific research project in the field of stem cell biology research.
- Outcome 2: Select and employ industry standard computer-based tools and resources to research internship-related scientific topics.
- Outcome 3: Prepare and deliver a scientific poster presentation of their own research project and receive scientific criticism.
- Outcome 4: Create and deliver a 30 second ""Elevator Pitch"" regarding the research project undertaken to concisely communicate to supervisors and co-workers in the field of stem cell biology research.
- Outcome 5: Apply various time management practices and select the most effective solution for individual and laboratory needs.
- Outcome 6: Create a timeline of internship research goals and receive input from host laboratory mentor on course assignments and research paper