BTEC 14B Biotechnology Internship Support (4)
Lec-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Support for student interns placed in local bioscience laboratories. Provide tools to effectively communicate internship experience, present scientific concepts and network with professionals in the field. Types of internships may include, but are not limited to basic research, biomanufacturing, environmental sciences, quality control or assurance technicians.
The BTEC 14A
prerequisite can be satisfied by passing 4 units of CCSF Biotechnology Program laboratory courses. Contact the instructor to challenge the BTEC 14A
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Employ career and interview skills to search for potential jobs or internships.
- Outcome 2: Identify and use computer based tools and resources to investigate internship-related scientific topics.
- Outcome 3: Describe, articulate and evaluate methods and scientific concepts related to the research project performed at the internship site.
- Outcome 4: Prepare and present a scientific poster describing a biotechnology related science project to industry professionals
- Outcome 5: Communicate effectively and appropriately in a biotechnology related professional setting.