BTEC 14B Biotechnology Internship Support (4)
Lec-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This class provides the necessary tools for students placed in biotechnology-related internships in Bay Area bioscience laboratories and companies. Types of internships may include, but are not limited to, glassware washers, laboratory assistants, animal technicians, biomanufacturing technicians, calibration technicians, environmental health and safety technicians, quality control or assurance technicians.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Select and employ industry standard computer-based tools and resources to prepare scientific presentation of research project.
- Outcome 2: Communicate using appropriate industry standard terminology and format.
- Outcome 3: Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers in the biotechnology field.
- Outcome 4: Select and employ correct laboratory equipment, methods, procedures and safety regulations in biotechnology-related field of employment.
- Outcome 5: Select and employ industry standard computer-based tools and resources to search, apply and obtain a job in a biotechnology-related field.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate the career opportunities in and applicability of internship skills to the biotechnology field.
- Outcome 7: Use metacognitive skills to identify and independently research new scientific concepts used in the research performed at internship site.
- Outcome 8: Describe the fundamental physiological, cellular or molecular processes involved in the research performed at internship site.