BTEC 14A Biotechnology Laboratory Techniques (2)
Lec-26.3, Lab-26.3, lab 1.5
Credit, Degree Applicable
COREQ.: Completion or concurrent enrollment in BTEC 10
A laboratory focused introduction to laboratory techniques needed for entry-level positions in the biotechnology industry, especially in the research field.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Select and employ correct laboratory methods for measuring volume and mass in a biotechnology laboratory.
- Outcome 2: Create laboratory solutions and media using proper laboratory techniques.
- Outcome 3: Grow and maintain bacterial stocks using proper laboratory techniques.
- Outcome 4: Create and present laboratory reports using computer-based data analysis and report generation.
- Outcome 5: Employ appropriate biotechnology industry standard communication protocols.
- Outcome 6: Select and employ correct safety practices and regulatory controls involved in laboratory and industrial applications of cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Outcome 7: Describe the characteristics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, including differences at the protein and nucleic acid level.
- Outcome 8: Describe and apply techniques of recombinant DNA biotechnology.
- Outcome 9: Apply FDA regulations and SOPs in the laboratory.