BTEC 108A Practical Mathematics for Laboratory Science (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Concepts, techniques and applications of mathematics and elementary algebra emphasizing applications to practical problems in biotechnology and chemistry. Use of traditional problem solving methods and interactive group activities.
BTEC 108A is part of a learning community for Bridge to Biosciences. Concurrent enrollment in BTEC 10
and BTEC 107
is required. For more info, contact Li Lovett by email: email@example.com
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Measure and analyze time, weight, volume and dimensions.
- Outcome 2: Analyze and graph algebraic equations.
- Outcome 3: Compare fractions, percentages and decimals to each other.
- Outcome 4: Analyze real world situations and problems using algebraic equations.
- Outcome 5: Perform mathematical calculations for preparation of chemical solutions.