BTEC 107 Language Skills for Technicians (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introductory level lecture course covering basic scientific language and concepts of biology and chemistry, and the academic study skills needed to succeed in science courses. An orientation to the field of biotechnology and professional opportunities.
BTEC 107=ET 107
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compose lecture notes during academic lectures.
- Outcome 2: Synthesize information from lecture notes for use on exams.
- Outcome 3: Compare a variety of reading strategies to use for comprehending articles and textbooks.
- Outcome 4: Choose a reading strategy appropriate for the reading task at hand.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate a variety of strategies to deal with unknown vocabulary.
- Outcome 6: Choose a strategy for dealing with unknown vocabulary in a specific situation.
- Outcome 7: Create oral presentations on assigned topics.
- Outcome 8: Analyze job announcements.
- Outcome 9: Create resumes and cover letters for specific job announcements.
- Outcome 10: Integrate verbal skills into a likely job interview scenario.
- Outcome 11: Integrate a variety of study skills to comprehend and remember science content.