BTEC 107 Language Skills for Technicians (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introductory level lecture course covering basic scientific language and concepts of biology and chemistry, and the academic study skills needed to succeed in science courses. An orientation to the field of biotechnology and professional opportunities.
BTEC 108A is part of a learning community for Bridge to Biosciences. Concurrent enrollment in BTEC 10
and BTEC 107 is required. For more info, contact Li Lovett by email: email@example.com
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Explain basic biotechnology terminology and concepts.
- Outcome 2: Compare and select among a variety of appropriate reading strategies to comprehend articles and textbooks.
- Outcome 3: Create oral presentations.
- Outcome 4: Analyze job announcements to create effective resumes and cover letters, and prepare for interviews.
- Outcome 5: Integrate a variety of study skills to comprehend and remember science content.