BTEC 10 Research Skills for Career Opportunities in Biology (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to the laboratory skills and concepts necessary to work in the biotechnology industry, allied health or other biology-related fields. This course is part of the learning community Bridge to Biosciences program.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Utilize proper laboratory documentation.
- Outcome 2: Apply appropriate teamwork skills in the laboratory.
- Outcome 3: Describe the roles of chemistry and biochemistry in living systems.
- Outcome 4: Differentiate between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, and describe the cellular processes of mitosis and meiosis.
- Outcome 5: Perform immunology and enzyme assays using a variety of lab equipment.