BSEN 74 Written Business Communication (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Extensive practice in writing and editing business letters, memorandums, e-mail messages, and other business documents. Class discussions on style, structure, goals of written business communication, and cultural diversity in business. Practice in using appropriate English in business documents.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze the goals of the business message and organize ideas into a logical sequence before writing the communication.
- Outcome 2: Choose the appropriate tone and style by anticipating the needs and expectations of the prospective reader.
- Outcome 3: Analyze case studies to determine the appropriate writing strategy.
- Outcome 4: Compose clear, concise, courteous, well-organized business messages.
- Outcome 5: Compose effective r鳵m鳬 letters of application, and other employment-related communications.
- Outcome 6: Apply the appropriate organizational strategy and format when composing business messages.