BSEN 70 Grammar and Writing Essentials for Business (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An intensive review of grammar and punctuation usage. Practice in writing effective business documents such as letters, memorandums, and e-mail messages using well-constructed sentences and paragraphs. Practice in applying editing and proofreading skills.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the functions of the parts of speech in sentence construction.
- Outcome 2: Analyze sentences and apply the principles of correct sentence structure.
- Outcome 3: Distinguish between correct and incorrect punctuation, and compose correctly punctuated sentences.
- Outcome 4: Apply rules for proper capitalization, number usage, and abbreviation usage.
- Outcome 5: Compose clear, concise, well-constructed sentences and paragraphs in well-organized business messages using appropriate business vocabulary.
- Outcome 6: Revise written material using proofreading marks to correct errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.