BOSS 5501 Keyboarding: Skill Development
Keyboarding skill development on computer keyboard with associated software, emphasizing proper technique. Keyboarding drills target individual student deficiencies. The student will develop touch control of the keyboard and proper typing techniques to build basic speed.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Key a minimum of 25 words per minute with 90% accuracy in a 3-minute timing (for beginner)
- Outcome 2: Key a minimum of 7-10 words per minute more than student's entry rate with 90% accuracy in 3- and 5-minute timings
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate the ability to key using proper finger and hand placement during observation
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate proper posture with ""eyes on the copy""
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate proper control of the Shift, Tab, Enter, and Spacebar
- Outcome 6: Key the number and symbol keys with proper finger and hand placement
- Outcome 7: Use the numeric keypad for numeric data entry properly
- Outcome 8: Key no fewer than 3 nwpm off of normal alphabetic rate in statistical copy using both numbers and symbols