BOSS 4501 Business English II
Continued development of written communication skills: punctuation, business vocabulary, capitalization, varied sentence structure, spelling, proper use of verbs, adjectives and adverbs, and knowledge of online office reference materials. Introduction to composing a business letter.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and correct common mistakes with verb, adjective and adverb use in written business English
- Outcome 2: Identify and correct common punctuation mistakes in written business English
- Outcome 3: Use the dictionary, thesaurus and other online tools to improve writing quality
- Outcome 4: Correctly use new vocabulary words in business writing.
- Outcome 5: Create well-constructed paragraphs
- Outcome 6: Write a short business letter with a minimum of grammatical mistakes.