BOSS 4500 Business English I
Development of written communication skills through strengthening business vocabulary, proper sentence structure, correct spelling, proper use of pronouns, and knowledge of online office reference.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the major parts of speech in a sentence
- Outcome 2: Identify and correct common problems in sentence construction, i.e. run on, comma splice, and fragment.
- Outcome 3: Use the dictionary, thesaurus and other online tools to assist with correcting common grammar mistakes
- Outcome 4: Identify and correct common mistakes with noun and pronoun use in written business English
- Outcome 5: Correctly use vocabulary words in business writing.