BIO 92 Off-Campus Biology Work Experience (1-8)
Lec-52.5, Work-60 to 600, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Consent of biology instructor required
Repeat: BIO 91 and 92 combined, max. credit: 16 units
Off campus college work experience with a community partner in the fields of biology, ecology or environmental science, subject to approval of and under the supervision of a biology department instructor.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe and employ health and safety precautions relevant to the chosen project.
- Outcome 2: Describe, evaluate, and employ best practices regarding performance in the teamoriented work environment typically found in employment in the fields of biology, ecology and environmental studies and science.
- Outcome 3: Formulate goals for the project and personal work based learning objectives.
- Outcome 4: Identify, organize, plan and allocate resources towards achievement of project goals and learning objectives.
- Outcome 5: Select and apply technology and/or equipments, tools or instruments appropriate for the project.
- Outcome 6: Develop and employ a model for on-going self-evaluation and evaluation of the project.
- Outcome 7: Determine the rationale and suitability to enter or continue working in the fields of biology, ecology and environmental studies and science.