BCST 165 Industry Internship (1-8)
Lec-12, Lab-24, Work- 60-600 hrs
Credit, Degree Applicable
COREQ.: Enrollment in minimum of 7 units of course work (including this course) and consent of instructor.
Repeat: 16 units in BCST 160 and 165 combined
Media related work experience and further career development in a supervised setting. Work experience in an approved industry facility such as a television station, a sound recording studio or business, a webcast enterprise, a radio station, a video production company, a corporate media production enterprise, and/or a multimedia/transmedia production team. Resume writing, networking, communication and interview skills.
Formerly BCST 165A
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe and employ professional work habits and behavior for the media industry work environment.
- Outcome 2: Describe, evaluate, and employ best practices regarding performance in a team oriented work environment.
- Outcome 3: Describe and employ appropriate dress, conduct and behavior specific to the media industry work environment.
- Outcome 4: Maintain and implement a personal appointment and production schedule.
- Outcome 5: Describe, evaluate, and employ multitasking strategies in a workplace environment.
- Outcome 6: Describe, analyze, and employ best practices in business communication such as industry resume, cover letter, media portfolio materials and conflict resolution.
- Outcome 7: Describe and evaluate media industry job and informational interviewing skills.
- Outcome 8: Describe and implement strategies for attending meetings, conducting meetings and dealing with conflict difficult media clients.
- Outcome 9: Create a data-informed plan for further career development.