BCST 160 College Internship (1-8)
Lec-12, Lab-24, Work- 60-600 hrs
Credit, Degree Applicable
COREQ.: Enrollment in minimum of 7 units of course work (including this course) and consent of instructor.
Repeat: 16 units in BCST 160 and BCST 165 combined
Media related work experience and further career development in a supervised setting. On-campus college work experience in college district media support services such as Broadcast Media Services, Educational Access Television, Audio Visual, Outreach and Recruitment Services \and Marketing and Public Information. Resume writing, networking, communication and interview skills.
Formerly BCST 160A
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe and employ professional work habits and behavior for the media industry work environment.
- Outcome 2: Describe, evaluate , and employ best practices regarding performance in a team oriented work environment.
- Outcome 3: Describe and employ appropriate dress, conduct and behavior specific to the media industry work environment.
- Outcome 4: Maintain and implement a personal appointment and production schedule.
- Outcome 5: Describe, evaluate, and employ multitasking strategies in a workplace environment.
- Outcome 6: Describe, analyze, and employ best practices in business communication such as industry resume, cover letter, media portfolio materials and conflict resolution.
- Outcome 7: Describe and implement strategies for attending meetings, conducting meetings and dealing with conflict difficult media clients.
- Outcome 8: Create a data-informed plan for further career development.
- Outcome 9: Describe and evaluate media industry job and informational interviewing skills.