BCST 149 HD TV Field Production (5)
Lec-52.5, Lab-105, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced Aesthetic and technical elements of digital video field production. Students write and produce digital video packages from concept through post-production, and collaborate in teams to create professional quality digital video packages and segments for cablecast on Educational Access Television Channel 27, 75, and distribution on the internet.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Collaborate in a field production team to create multiple video packages from concept through completion.
- Outcome 2: Produce proficient writing treatments and scripts for a variety of video packaging elements.
- Outcome 3: Operate professional portable digital video equipment proficiently.
- Outcome 4: Formulate and analyze budgets for an intended production schedule and schedule pre-production, production, and post-production activities with a crew.
- Outcome 5: Illustrate and apply proficient digital video and audio editing, field audio recording and lighting, electrical safety, camera blocking and interviewing techniques.
- Outcome 6: Organize, demonstrate, and evaluate effective participation and communication as a field video crew member in transport and set up of field video, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Outcome 7: Describe, compare, and evaluate digital file formats, compression techniques and different codecs used in digital video capture and editing and the various outputand distribution channels where these are applied.
- Outcome 8: Identify and assess current developments in digital video production, storage, and distribution.
- Outcome 9: Describe, analyze, and compare differences in picture quality, aspect ratio, output, and distribution of SD, streamed, webcast, and HDTV program materials.
- Outcome 10: Produce and evaluate digital video materials suitable for use in educational settings, broadcast television, independent video, cable, satellite, and internet distribution.
- Outcome 11: Describe and contrast different NLE video and audio production and editing platforms, with emphasis on contemporary digital editing tools.
- Outcome 12: Explain music and image copyright clearance issues.