BCST 148 HDTV Studio Production (4)
Lec-52.5, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Aesthetic and technical elements of studio television production with emphasis on program development. Students collaborate to design, write and produce programming using contemporary broadcast studio standards and technology for cablecast on San Francisco's Educational Access Cable Channel 27.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate studio production processes, roles and related TV technology.
- Outcome 2: Plan, produce and analyze program segment formats while taking into account production requirements, deadlines, content quality, production teams and social media strategy.
- Outcome 3: Operate studio control room equipment effectively.
- Outcome 4: Employ contextually appropriate studio production techniques and aesthetics.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate professional communication and collaboration skills as a video production team member, both in person and with common online collaboration tools.