BCST 143 Digital Video Editing-AVID (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Digital video editing for video and TV using industry standard AVID Media Composer on a Macintosh platform. Organizing a video edit, digitizing video, creating an EDL, editing theory, principles and aesthetics, titling and 2D/3D effects and output of final program. Students complete several short video editing projects.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Organize and complete a digital video editing project form pre-planning through lay-off to playback format using AVID Media Composer software
- Outcome 2: Analyze the processes involved in digital video editing using AVID Media Composer software.
- Outcome 3: Analyze and execute basic techniques and aesthetics of computer-based video editing specific to AVID Media Composer editing software
- Outcome 4: Analyze 2D and 3D digital video effects (DVE) and object movement considerations specific to the AVID Media Composer editing system.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate competency in importing graphic and other visual materials from ancillary computer and media storage systems into and AVID Media Composer editing project.
- Outcome 6: Analyze the video production process as it specifically relates to editing and the AVID Media Composer systems.