AUTO 56 Introduction to Hybrid and EV Auto Maintenance and Repair (4)
Lec-52.5, Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Principles and functions of hybrid automobiles, and procedures for their maintenance, problem diagnosis and repair. Function of individual system components examined. Critical importance of safety and hybrid-unique equipment and procedures. Maintenance procedures and diagnostic and repair processes for common hybrids (Toyota and Ford) taught in detail.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Explain introductory principles of motor and generator basics, and battery basics.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate safety procedures and describe their critical importance.
- Outcome 3: Perform routine maintenance per manufacturer specifications.
- Outcome 4: Diagnose and solve mechanical and electrical problems.
- Outcome 5: Describe the locations and functions of hybrid system components in a vehicle.