AUTO 54 Engine Repair (8)
Lec-105, Lab-105, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: AUTO 50
or pass Challenge Test
Prepares students for ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Engine Repair A1 test. Fundamental theory and operation of automotive engines. A hands-on course focusing on the analysis of engine problems and proper repair procedures.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Classify and differentiate engine components, operation, and emerging technology.
- Outcome 2: Search and analyze service data, precautions, and technical service bulletins.
- Outcome 3: Classify and distinguish engine precision measurement and clearance specifications.
- Outcome 4: Compare and contrast the difference between torque to yield, standard fasteners, and anaerobic sealers.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate and repair common engine problems.
- Outcome 6: Distinguish and classify engine fluid types, function, and causes oflow engine oil pressure.
- Outcome 7: Examine and evaluate engine timing, belt design, operation, and related failures.
- Outcome 8: Assess, diagnose and repair, cylinder head and valve train issues.
- Outcome 9: Analyze and assess engine block assembly.