ASAM 65 Individual Study in Asian American Studies (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Supervised individual or group study on topics and issues in Asian American Studies subject to the approval and under the supervision of an Asian American Studies instructor.
UC upon review
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify a specific topic or issue in Asian American Studies.
- Outcome 2: Formulate goals for the project and personal work based learning objectives.
- Outcome 3: Identify, organize, plan towards achievement of project goals and learning objectives.
- Outcome 4: Apply Asian American Studies material to the project.
- Outcome 5: Survey and summarize the literature that exists on this topic or issue.
- Outcome 6: Analyze the complexities of this topic; the similarities and differences between different viewpoints and readings.
- Outcome 7: Evaluate and discuss the topics or issues affecting Asian American groups, by writing essays which might include immigration history, patterns of economic development, political situations, cultural traditions and social conditions;