ASAM 27 Asian American Race Relations (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Understanding of race relations between Asian Americans and other ethnic groups including African Americans and European Americans including theories of race and interaction; and considerations such as class, economics, and social inequities.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define what race relations encompass, including theories of race and interaction between ethnic groups, the impact of social, economic and class structures; and legal precedent.
- Outcome 2: Describe current group interactions and race relations in the United States between Asian Americans and other ethnic groups including European Americans, African Americans.
- Outcome 3: Analyze factors affecting race relations such as class, social norms, geography and population, historical events, economic status, and other influences including education and mass media.
- Outcome 4: Identify issues, frame positions, and write essays about racial incidents that involve Asian Americans.
- Outcome 5: Summarize theories of racial inequities and race relations in the United States.