ART 185 Art Career/Transfer Portfolio Prep (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Intensive survey of professional art practices that are necessary for a career as a visual artist. These practices include marketing, promoting, and exhibiting artwork, staging an exhibition, and preparing a transfer portfolio for a 4-year or graduate art program.
Offered Fall semesters
All sections will charge a material fee of $20.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assemble business models for marketing, promoting, and exhibiting one's artwork.
- Outcome 2: Describe, categorize, and analyze national and regional art markets and opportunities.
- Outcome 3: Compare and categorize undergraduate and graduate fine art/commercial art programs and create required transfer portfolio and statement.
- Outcome 4: Describe and produce all aspects of a group exhibition, including publicity, preparation, and curating.
- Outcome 5: Apply communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, in order to articulate one's motivations, art practice, and content to laypeople and art professionals.