ART 185 Art Career/Transfer Portfolio Prep (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: ART 136, 140C, 145C, 150C, 160C, 170C, or 180C
This course is designed to enable the art student to organize and present a body of work in an effective and professional manner for transfer, advanced study opportunities and/or career preparation. Through hands-on practice, lectures, demonstrations and critiques, the student gains the requisite skills for portfolio development.
Offered Fall semesters
All sections will charge a material fee of $20.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assemble and test business practices for marketing, promoting, and exhibiting their artwork.
- Outcome 2: Describe, categorize, and analyze national and regional art markets and opportunities.
- Outcome 3: Compare and categorize undergraduate and graduate fine art/commercial art programs and create required transfer portfolio and statement.
- Outcome 4: Describe and produce all aspects of a group exhibition, which include publicity, preparation, and curating.
- Outcome 5: Apply communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, in order to articulate one's motivations, art practice, and content to laypeople and art professionals.