ART 180C Advanced Jewelry/Metal Arts (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced students are provided with an opportunity to focus exploration on subjects of interest to the student. Subjects can include historic, contemporary, one of a kind, or production jewelry/metal arts. The students will be highly self-motivated and directed, ready to develop their work, concepts, and design capabilities.
All sections will charge a material fee of $20.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Independently create jewelry and metal arts objects
- Outcome 2: Solve problems and think critically in designing, creating, and discussing objects.
- Outcome 3: Employ refined craftsmanship skills
- Outcome 4: Analyze and debate the work of peers or professional artists, both technically and conceptually as related to jewelry/metal arts
- Outcome 5: Compare and evaluate choices in material, scale, location, and function pertaining to jewelry/metal arts
- Outcome 6: Create a personal style and conceptual strength in their jewelry/metal art