ART 156 Mixed Media: Works on Paper (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Focuses on the contemporary practice and conceptual basis of selecting and combining various media and techniques of drawing, painting photography, textile, printing, and collage into two and three-dimensional works of art. Contemporary issues and approaches are explored through lecture and demonstration.
Offered Spring semesters
All sections will charge a material fee of $5.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze historical, conceptual, and technical aspects of contemporary art practice that involve mixed media.
- Outcome 2: Create artwork and solve related visual problems using learned mixed media techniques related to painting, photographs, printing, collage, and assemblage.
- Outcome 3: Experiment effectively with dry and wet media to achieve material compatibility and relative longevity and stability of projects.
- Outcome 4: Recognize creative possibilities of art materials based on content and personal response to material characteristics.
- Outcome 5: Compare and criticize mixed media works of art by peers and professional artists.