ART 151C Advanced Monoprinting (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced monoprinting focuses on the development of a body of interrelated monoprints using materials and techniques learned in the previous two levels of monoprinting in order to explore personal creativity through experimental means and prepare a portfolio suitable for advanced study, transfer, and/or career opportunities.
All sections will charge a material fee of $12.00.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Apply monoprint techniques that integrate materials, processes, and methods of beginning, intermediate, and advanced techniques in a personal and experimental manner.
- Outcome 2: Practice safe and healthy methods of working in the classroom when using equipment, tools and supplies.
- Outcome 3: Describe and analyze new trends in the field and their relationship to the aesthetics of their own work.
- Outcome 4: Apply a variety of monoprint techniques that reflect a more advanced personal creative growth through the use of greater technical and aesthetic skills.
- Outcome 5: Apply an increasing knowledge of advanced monoprint techniques to create interesting and innovative solutions to aesthetic problems.
- Outcome 6: Create a coherent body of work that explores in depth one or more techniques of monoprinting that show complex technical skills and emphasizes theoretical and conceptual applications.
- Outcome 7: Create and select a body of work suitable for advanced study, transfer and/or career opportunities.