ART 151B Intermediate Monoprinting (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Expanding upon beginning monoprint techniques and the development of multi-process prints, students will be introduced to planning and executing long term thematic and mixed media projects with an emphasis on the development of individual artistic growth. Contemporary issues and approaches are explored through lecture and demonstration.
All sections will charge a material fee of $12.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Utilize materials, processes, and methods of beginning monoprinting techniques.
- Outcome 2: Exhibit technical and aesthetic skills that expand upon those learned in Beginning Monoprint.
- Outcome 3: Analyze the role of monoprint as an important contemporary discipline which facilitates a cross-over between painting, drawing and printmaking in order to expand the creative possibilities of each.
- Outcome 4: Compare a broad spectrum oftraditional and modem monoprint approaches to demonstrate an increasing knowledge oftechnique in order to achieve creative and viable solutions to given problems
- Outcome 5: Practice safe and appropriate use printmaking equipment and materials.
- Outcome 6: Create a body of work that reflects exploration of approaches and their creative application as related to content development and artistic expression.
- Outcome 7: Create and select a body of work suitable for advance study, transfer, and/or career opportunities.