ART 150C Advanced Intaglio and Relief Printmaking (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This advanced intaglio and relief printmaking course expands upon intermediate plate making and printing techniques in support of innovative working styles and unique content that result in the creation of complex prints. The course emphasizes the layering of color and surface information using single and multiple plates.
All sections will charge a material fee of $12.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and analyze different types of printmaking in both contemporary and historical contexts in support of content and imagery development.
- Outcome 2: Employ advanced intaglio and relief plate making techniques to create print editions that exhibit recognition of the working relationship between technique, content and imagery.
- Outcome 3: Employ advanced intaglio and relief printing techniques to create print editions that exhibit recognition of the working relationship between technique, content and imagery.
- Outcome 4: Analyze, evaluate and revise work based on proofing and critiques.
- Outcome 5: Practice safe working methods when using equipment, tools and supplies.