ART 150B Intermediate Intaglio and Relief Printmaking (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This is an intermediate level intaglio and relief printmaking course which expands upon beginning level intaglio and relief plate making and printing techniques. As the second course of the Fine Arts Printmaking family, it is designed to strengthen problem solving skills while creating multi-layered, personal imagery that involves color. This course is part of the AA-T Studio Arts Major.
All sections will charge a material fee of $12.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze contemporary and historical prints of diverse cultures.
- Outcome 2: Use intermediate intaglio and relief plate making techniques to create print editions that exhibit a development of imagery and technique.
- Outcome 3: Use intermediate intaglio and relief printing techniques to create print editions that exhibit a development of imagery and technique.
- Outcome 4: Analyze, evaluate and revise work based on proofing and critiques.
- Outcome 5: Practice safe working methods when using equipment, tools and supplies.