ART 145D Watercolor Mastery (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced-level watercolor/water media class focusing on production of self-directed unified body of artwork in order to successfully transfer to a university, art school, or professional practice. Emphasis on creating artwork that connects media, style, content, culture, and meaning; and refinement of critical thinking, presentation, and technical skills.
All sections will charge a material fee of $10.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Produce a cohesive and individual body of watercolor/watermedia paintings beginning with concepts and research and concluding with execution and evaluation.
- Outcome 2: Produce artwork that demonstrates a relationship between composition, material choice, methods, technique to student-chosen subject matter.
- Outcome 3: Compose written proposals before and after painting to learn how to justify creations intellectually.
- Outcome 4: Critique their own work and the work of others, with the curatorial guidance of the instructor, accessing the artwork through the lens of contemporary art ideas and practices.
- Outcome 5: Produce a unified and edited watercolor/watermedia painting portfolio, to present as part of an admissions/scholarship package for transfer to BA/BFA program, or in a professional capacity as required by art venues and art agencies.