ART 145C Advanced Watercolor/Water Media (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Students will focus on developing a cohesive body of watercolor and water media paintings. Introduction to water media, which include acrylic, ink, gouache, and fluid acrylics. Emphasis will be placed on advanced development of a personal language and style in which materials and techniques play an essential role.
All sections will charge a material fee of $10.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Understand and identify the major trends in regards to technique and materials in contemporary water media and mixed media painting.
- Outcome 2: Effectively use water medias (India ink, acrylic ink, gouache, and fluid acrylics) alone and in combination with watercolor.
- Outcome 3: Produce a small body of artwork that reflects the understanding of how to create and compose with highly saturated colors.
- Outcome 4: Produce a small body of artwork that reflects the understanding of how opacity affects content, composition, and visual/ emotional perception.
- Outcome 5: Integrate water media and acquired water media technical skills into mixed media paintings with the goal of reflecting the polyglot nature of contemporary art and the globalized world.
- Outcome 6: Produce and arrange a coherent body of artwork that synthesizes learned watercolor/water media processes; communicates original visual and conceptual ideas effectively and creatively; and reflects the inseparability of image and medium.
- Outcome 7: Use vocabulary associated with water media in order to analyze one's paintings and the work of others during lab hours and formal critiques.
- Outcome 8: Effectively revise one's work during all stages of creative process and in response to instructor and peer feedback