ART 140D Painting Mastery (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced-level class building on the skills, concepts, issues addressed in ART 140C
; create self-directed unified body of work/portfolio in preparation for transferring to upper division University, art school, or professional activities; refine analytical skills and technical expertise via deeper exploration of contemporary art and painting issues.
All sections will charge a material fee of $15.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Produce a cohesive and personal body of work from initial ideation and concept through execution and final realization.
- Outcome 2: Examine options and formulate strategies in choosing materials, methods, processes to best express their intended vision.
- Outcome 3: Critique their own work and the work of others, assessing artwork in terms of technique, concept, thematic and/or stylistic unity and clarity, and within an art-historical context
- Outcome 4: Compose a written artists statement which clearly articulates intention, processes, methods in support of the completed body of work.
- Outcome 5: Produce a unified and edited painting portfolio, to present either as part of admissions package for transfer to University or art school, or in a professional capacity as required for galleries, curators, art directors, artist registries, etc.
- Outcome 6: Understand the essentials required in establishing a studio practice, including issues of equipment/tools, health and safety, a goal-setting and time-management